Saturday, October 23, 2010

yeah or nah??

I never thought I would be in this situation. I am driving in my '96 Mustang GT with the intention of buying another Mustang, not to replace it but as a, well, stable mate if you will. The 95 is a black GT like my car, (black exterior with black cloth interior and a 5-speed manual). but that is where the similarities end. The 94-95 Mustang GT's had a different motor than my 4.6L 281ci V8. they had the tried-and true 5.0L 302ci V8. and what a difference they are. My car, with a few mods, such as cold air intake, cat back and a few suspension tweaks just doesn't have the 'grunt' that the five-oh does. I am still trying to decide whether or not to buy the 95 GT as it will need a lot of cosmetic work. The body has a lot of dents and panels that will need to be replaced. The drivetrain on the other hand is stock and running just perfectly smooth. The car as a weird aftermarket sunroof which doesn't seem to work that well. The interior needs to be redone as the radio is some shitty aftermarket cd player with a missing head unit, the power seats don't work, and overall just worn. But is is a great start. The asking price was 2,800, but i was able to bring it down to 2,000. Should i go ahead and do it, get the car and start a new project? wish i could just make up my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment