Friday, July 10, 2009

it's been awhile...

I haven't been posting anything lately, and for that I am sorry for all of those who check in "the coolest site ever". Not a lot has changed with my car since I last wrote other than a few awesome day trips in the car. I do however have some new parts to install in the near future. First is an American Muscle windshield banner that i will put on the rear window as I already have a decal on the windshield. Next is Stack Racing's Gauge cluster trim rings. I can't wait to install this product. It should give my stock cluster extra flair without being over the top. As soon as I install these parts I will post pics as soon as possible.

Next on the 'to do list' is yet again another exhaust change. Yes, I will never been happy with an exhaust system for more than a couple of months, but this next mod might tide me over til maybe Christmas??? Currently on the car I have stock exhaust manifolds that lead into a BBK catted X-pipe that flow into a MAC 2.5" "true-fit" cat back system. I grew tired of the sound, being a little quite so I removed just the polished 3" tailpipe sections on each side. Loved the sound, but didn't like the way the pipes before the 3" section looked just pointing straight out. So I got out my tools again and removed the section that begins just after the loop over the axle. I like the extra bark it gave to the car...only problem is now i have this rattle that is driving me crazy. SO...my plan is to removed the true-fit system and install MAC's Pro Dump exhaust system that includes the same mufflers, but turns down before the rear axle. Lil bit louder and will give me more suspension options further down the line (ie panhard bar and rear torque link from Maximum Motorsports). So stay tuned for that. Oh and if you live near me I would like to apologize in advance for the noise soon to come, enjoy your peace and quite while you can.

On the model car front, I am still looking to find seats that match the ones in my car, but I am happy to report I have found the perfect wheels, so I will be painting them to match the real ones. When looking in model spare model car parts I found a '07 Shelby GT500 5.4L motor/trans that i would like to put into a SN95 mustang, so i am on the look-out for maybe a 1994-1995 Cobra to put it into.

1 comment:

  1. How much near future? You said I get to help lol. AND we need to work on my car, it sounds like crap. don't need to drain the fluid again cause there is room. The guy who fixed my tire said maybe an hours work.

    ReplyDelete