Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Model Car Update...yes...still working on it








Ok so over the past few days I have been working more on my model 96 Mustang than the real one. I have the body of the car painted as well as some of the decals replicated. I found a set of seats from a 1998 Saleen S351 Mustang Speedster to replace the stock units. They are Recaros and they look sharp! Now I have taken some liberties with this model, things I can't do in real life and some I just can't afford. Take the seats for instance. I love the ProCar seats I have in the real car, but on the model car I painted the Recaros Black and Grey with just a touch of yellow to ditch the "cave" look my car has. I did find a set of wheels that have a similar look to the Bullitt replicas on the real car. The wheels are from a Chevelle Wagon "Cali-Custom Wheels" kit. They are bigger (look more like 18's then 17's, but i really like how they are wider in the back than the front, replicating 9" wide in the front and maybe 10.5" in the rear). Anyways the car, ie model car...lol, is looking great. Oh almost forgot, i added a custom race harness for the driver's seat from a 993 Porsche GT2 model kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment