Monday, August 3, 2009

Updates!!!

So for my 23 birthday I was given a Maximum Motorsport Roll Cage from my beloved parents (THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!). I drove down to San Luis Obispo, CA (Maximum Motorsports headquarters) to pick up the parts in person. The kit I got for my 1996 Mustang GT is the 4-point bolt in roll cage with the welded-in harness bar. I can't wait to install it in my car, but i am really taking my time to follow all the instructions to insure a safe and professional installation. To date I have removed the rear upper and lower quarter panels, no need to remove rear seats as i have a rear seat delete, the carpet is out as well as the center console. I have removed the seam sealer around the areas where the main hoop bolts to the floor as well as the hard rubber/tar like crap on the inside of the rear fender well where the support bars will bolt to. Next step is to start drilling holes, but have to wait as i need more help (can't do it by myself...please dad help me, lol). So I will have pics as soon as tomorrow to show you what things are looking like.

No comments:

Post a Comment