Tuesday, June 16, 2009

'96 Model Mustang project part 2

Here is the finished underside (for now, lol). The rear shocks are painted to look like the Tokico HP "blue" units that i have on my car. Rear sway bar is yellow as well as the lower K-member brace to also mach the 1:1 car. As for the exhaust, this is where i need to do some work. my rear car has a BBK x-pipe with cats and a MAC true-fit 2.5" cat back with 3" tailpipes. So i am scratch building a custom exhaust to match mine.
Here is the motor mounted in the subframe. Note struts and front sway bar painted to match real car.

This is a close-up of the engine detail. It took a long time to the ignition wires, but i wanted them to be right. I used my shop manual for my '96 GT to match all the wiring (the number one cylinder matches the number one spot on the coil pack!!!). The intake plenum is painted to match the my real car as i painted it semi-gloss black with a yellow horse. The exhaust manifolds are stock (painted a rust like color the match real ones). I do have BBK shorty headers, but haven't installed them yet.




1 comment: