Monday, June 8, 2009

Marina Autocross June '09





Now I admit to not staying that long, but but this month's autocross at Marnia Airport sure seemed to be jam-packed with Hondas. Ok before you get all grumpy and leave this page, I have to say I do respect Hondas. Those s2000's and hatches were really tearing up the course with amazing low times...but, and there is that inevitable but...come on lets seem some good Mustang vs Camaro action, or some classics? I did have fun though, really hard to not have fun at an autocross. Just being in that car nut atmosphere makes everything better. It is great to see people who have completely different cars hanging out together telling stories, swapping advise and of course that lil bit of bragging. I showed up with intentions of just hanging out for a little bit and take some pictures, but ended up hanging out with some really cool people. I got a ride in a Subaru WRX STi...what a ride, right off the line with that AWD...it was an experience. I did take one short run just to see what the course was like, not pushing it or anything. Autocrossing is for EVERYONE! You can take any car, drive there, race, then go home after the end of the day. If you haven't been to one or don't know what the heck i am rambling on about, look it up on you tube.

Once I get a steady income and get more experience, i plan to autocross my car more often. The '96 is still a bit heavy, but that is due to it being a street car that is daily driven. With the subframe connectors welded up, some sticky tires, and a proper harness bar, think i would be laying down some really good times. So stay tuned.

Oh and for and update on the 'model car project', i have won the auction on ebay (actually two, a '97 GT and a '96 Cobra). So i plan to start as soon as I get them in the mail. The GT will be made to look my car, but the Cobra, with your votes on this site, will dictate what direction i go with that kit. So keep checking in DAILY if you can to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment