Monday, June 1, 2009

Smog Test...and the results are in........



















So I got that dreaded letter in the mail, that one with the little DMV logo on the corner. The logo is so small that the DMV must think it is too small for us to read so we are like "hey maybe I won something!!!". So i open it up to not only find that i need to renew my Mustang at 150 bucks, but i have to get it smogged. If you could hear what was going through my mind at that moment i read (smog check required) it might have sounded something like a 747 plane crashing into the side of a exploding volcano. Anyways I went to my local smog station in Hollister, CA to see if i would pass (remember my car has a cold air intake, x-pipe with cats (but in ca it doesn't matter...they just hate mods). So i rolled up to G&M auto repair to get it over with. I was greeted by a friendly staff and was welcomed to take a few pics while he was testing my car (just so all of you would believe i didn't get the car "Smogged" nudge nudge, hint hint).



The procedure only took about 15mins and i was rewarded with a pass! Funny thing is my car produces less emissions compared to when i got the car smogged on the very same day i bought the car some three years ago. So go out and mod your Mustang!



In other news I had warm sunny afternoon with nothing to do, so i decided to paint my intake plenum (the stock finish had seen better days). Going with the black and yellow theme, i painted the intake plenum with semi-gloss black hi-temp paint. When the paint dried, i added a custom touch and wrote 'Shankle Motorsports' in yellow to give it that extra oomph.



Props go out to G&M Auto Repair in Hollister CA 637-9371. Thanks again for being quick and letting me take pictures while the car was being tested!


Stop by AmericanMuscle.com and check out their large selection of Shelby Wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment