Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hi Nathan!!!

Hello everyone, thanks for checking in on my site. Today before i begin on my latest project for my car, i would like to say a special hello to Nathan. I was told by a friend he shares the same love for Mustangs as I do. I really think that is awesome. When I was little my dad would take me to races and Mustang shows, and it meant the world to me. Having a passion for something is really good for someone. So I tell you what Nathan, how about I stop by some day soon (once I get my car all cleaned up) and let you hop in the car and start it up, maybe go for a cruise. Now there are a lot of cheaper hobbies out there, believe you me, lol, so in that matter I apologize because once you catch the Mustang fever...there is no cure. Keep checking up on my site for more pics of the car and soon I hope to have a few videos of the car on here as well. Thanks for the support!

In other news, today I spent some time researching a few engine kits for my car. My plan when I get the money of course, is to have the motor rebuild as it is the original engine. At first I thought I would just have it rebuilt to stock specs, but like so many before me, the horsepower bug has bitten me. I would like to have my spare 4.6L out of a '97 GT not only rebuilt, but at the same time bored and stroked to 5.0 liters. While the motor is out have the BBK shorty headers put on that have just been sitting around driving me nuts, and if i have the money at the time do the PI swap (meaning the heads and intake manifold from the 99-04 mustang GT). For those not familiar with PI, it stands for Performance Improvement. Ford improved the flow rate of the heads and intake to give the 4.6L some much needed grunt. This is a very popular modification for '96-98 GT owners like myself. I have been following Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords project car "Redheaded Stepchild" for awhile now. If you haven't read any of those articles it is worth reading, just look it up on Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords website. The goal of the project is to take a bone-stock '96 GT and make normally aspirated 300hp, no supercharger or turbo. So some of my plans for my car come for those articles, but I do plan to add a Vortech supercharger when money allows it.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know about when you want to make those videos . . . Looks like you have a lot of plans for your engine, even though i don't completely understand all of it, it sounds cool. Gizmo says she wants to take a ride in your car cause she likes the color black lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scott! I'm surprised to hear you are selling one of the Mustangs but maybe it will make room for more models. :–) Your photos are excellent! Cheers, XO Susan

    ReplyDelete