Saturday, May 23, 2009

2:30am....

So what else do you do at 2:30am on a Saturday when you can't sleep? The answer is simple when you live in beautiful California and own a Mustang. After tossing and turning for over two and a half hours, trying to pay attention to season three of Deadwood (please HBO, don't sue me), i got off my leather sofa and went outside to clean my car. Just five minutes into cleaning the outside with a bottle of spray wax, I felt the need to go for a cruise. It started out with just doing a loop around my local roads, but ended up lasting till sunrise. I headed out on 156 towards Hollister then made my way to 152 towards Los Banos. Although it was really foggy, the drive through the hills surrounding the reservoir was just what i needed. I fueled up at the other side of the pass and headed back for San Juan Bautista, not before being greeted by a teenage gas station attendant with a camera phone. The drive back was a little bit more fun due to the fog easing up and with the windows down i decided to dip into the throttle a bit. Once i reached San Juan, i still didn't feel like going home, so I made a last second decision and headed up Fremont Peak. An awesome narrow twisting road awaited my Mustang. Once I reached the top I was rewarded with an amazing view, like a small island amidst a sea of foggy waves.

Sometimes you really need to just get away and go for a drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment