Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oil PSI Gauge issues

Lately i have been noticing my oil pressure gauge has been acting funny. I watch my oil level like a hawk because the 4.6L of my era are known to drink a lil oil. But oil level has been fine. So i though, well I should just pick up a cheap mechanical oil pressure gauge to prove that it is the gauge, not the motor acting up. Easier said then done! All throughout the day i have been struggling to find clearance to put in the needed hardware for the gauge (i.e. brass fittings). Well long story short I ended up needing to get a 90 degree elbow to make room for the fittings, and as usual OSH (orchard supply hardware didn't have it ( or "Out of Stock Hardware" as I like to call it!!!!). Eventually i went a different route with the fittings and think everything is good to go, just need to fire up the car tomorrow morning, make sure there are no leaks, and secure the tubing to the harness so it doesn't rub anything. Once that is done, then will know if it was just the factory gauge acting up or not.

Update on the decals: I just got them in the mail from edecals.com, they look awesome. Put one on my car's rear window, looks great! Thank you edecals.com for a speedy delivery and great product. I will have pics tomorrow of both the gauge install as well as the decals.

Check out AmericanMuscle.com and their large selection of Mustang Seat Covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment